This article speaks to the many difficulties Muslim immigrants living in Germany face with regard to finding work and participating in the public sphere. These issues not only effect new immigrants but also second and third generation children of foreign parents who were themselves born in Germany and consider Germany their homeland.
- Overcoming Static Inertia: Ilija Trojanow’s “Nach der Flucht”
- CFP: Berkeley Interdisciplinary German Studies Conference on “Arrested Mobilities: Stillness, Power and Modernity” (Feb. 25-26, 2022, Online)
- CFP: Edited Volume on Asian German Film and Media (ed. Qinna Shen, Zach Ramon Fitzpatrick, Qingyang Freya Zhou)
- Reflections on a Postmigrant Turn
- Überlegungen zu einem Postmigrant Turn
Tagsannouncement anthology art article assimilation book review border citizenship comedy community culture discrimination education employment Europe event family fiction film film review food German Germany history identity immigration integration Jewish language literature migrants migration mobility Multicultural Germany multilingualism nonfiction novel pop culture racism religion Turkey Turkish violence xenophobia youth culture