The article “Türken größter Anteil: Etwas weniger Ausländer in Deutschland” talks about immigrants in Germany. According to the article, the number of immigrants in Germany decreased this past year compared to preceding years. However, the number of EU-citizens in Germany increased slightly, with the highest percentage increase coming from Bulgary and Romania. Nonetheless, Turks are still the largest group of immigrants in Germany.
- Overcoming Static Inertia: Ilija Trojanow’s “Nach der Flucht”
- CFP: Berkeley Interdisciplinary German Studies Conference on “Arrested Mobilities: Stillness, Power and Modernity” (Feb. 25-26, 2022, Online)
- CFP: Edited Volume on Asian German Film and Media (ed. Qinna Shen, Zach Ramon Fitzpatrick, Qingyang Freya Zhou)
- Reflections on a Postmigrant Turn
- Überlegungen zu einem Postmigrant Turn
Tagsannouncement anthology art article assimilation book review border citizenship comedy community culture discrimination education employment Europe event family fiction film film review food German Germany history identity immigration integration Jewish language literature migrants migration mobility Multicultural Germany multilingualism nonfiction novel pop culture racism religion Turkey Turkish violence xenophobia youth culture