In 2008, research assistants Kristin Dickinson, Robin Ellis and Priscilla Layne won the Susan Sontag Prize for Translation for their collaborative translation from German into English of “Koppstoff: Kanaka Sprak vom Rande der Gesellschaft” by Feridun Zaimoğlu. The book presents the fictionalized voices of 26 Turkish women living in Germany.
- Overcoming Static Inertia: Ilija Trojanow’s “Nach der Flucht”
- CFP: Berkeley Interdisciplinary German Studies Conference on “Arrested Mobilities: Stillness, Power and Modernity” (Feb. 25-26, 2022, Online)
- CFP: Edited Volume on Asian German Film and Media (ed. Qinna Shen, Zach Ramon Fitzpatrick, Qingyang Freya Zhou)
- Reflections on a Postmigrant Turn
- Überlegungen zu einem Postmigrant Turn
Tagsannouncement anthology art article assimilation book review border citizenship comedy community culture discrimination education employment Europe event family fiction film film review food German Germany history identity immigration integration Jewish language literature migrants migration mobility Multicultural Germany multilingualism nonfiction novel pop culture racism religion Turkey Turkish violence xenophobia youth culture