The article “Fast jeder fünfte hat ausländische Wurzeln” is a quick glimpse into the current demographic statistics in Germany with a focus on citizens with foreign roots. The article highlights the recent growth in this sector of the population by percentage of the German population at large; stating that since 2007 the percentage of foreigners that compose the total population of Germany has risen from 18.7% to 19% at present.
- Letter by a Grateful Immigrant
- Humor in Heidelberg: Saša Stanišić’s Herkunft
- Zerrissene Perspektiven auf die Anhörung im Asylverfahren in zwei Hörspielen
- Multifaceted Views on the Interrogation of Asylum Seekers in Two German Radio Plays
- All Culture Is Remix: Confluences against Nationalist Narratives
Tagsannouncement anthology art article assimilation book review border citizenship comedy community culture discrimination education employment Europe event family fiction film film review food German Germany history identity immigration integration Jewish language literature migrants migration mobility Multicultural Germany multilingualism nonfiction novel pop culture racism religion Turkey Turkish violence xenophobia youth culture