The article “Auslaender sollen unsere alten Leute pflegen” (“Foreigners should tend to our old people”) talks about how German nurses are calling for help from abroad. The number of skilled nurses is too low for the current conditions. This is due not only to an aging population, but also because qualified nurses are emigrating. Therefore, the employers’ federation ‘Pflege’ demands a green card for foreigners who want to take on a nursing position in Germany.
- Letter by a Grateful Immigrant
- Humor in Heidelberg: Saša Stanišić’s Herkunft
- Zerrissene Perspektiven auf die Anhörung im Asylverfahren in zwei Hörspielen
- Multifaceted Views on the Interrogation of Asylum Seekers in Two German Radio Plays
- All Culture Is Remix: Confluences against Nationalist Narratives
Tagsannouncement anthology art article assimilation book review border citizenship comedy community culture discrimination education employment Europe event family fiction film film review food German Germany history identity immigration integration Jewish language literature migrants migration mobility Multicultural Germany multilingualism nonfiction novel pop culture racism religion Turkey Turkish violence xenophobia youth culture