This website provides information into a variety of courses for children and teens on various subjects, in addition to the German language. The courses are primarily recreational, focusing on sports or music, taught in many regions in Germany. The website can be viewed in German, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Russian, and Turkish, seemingly to cater primarily to these countries. Interestingly, other neighboring countries’ languages, Polish, Dutch and Scandinavian languages, are left out and the various people shown on the site are far from ethnically diverse. These courses seem to be intended for a wealthy class of people, who can afford to send their children away to Germany during the Summer.
- CFP: Berkeley Interdisciplinary German Studies Conference on “Arrested Mobilities: Stillness, Power and Modernity” (Feb. 25-26, 2022, Online)
- CFP: Edited Volume on Asian German Film and Media (ed. Qinna Shen, Zach Ramon Fitzpatrick, Qingyang Freya Zhou)
- Reflections on a Postmigrant Turn
- Überlegungen zu einem Postmigrant Turn
- A Tale of Three Cities: Part III – How to Politicize Public Health
Tagsannouncement anthology art article assimilation book review border citizenship comedy community culture discrimination education employment Europe event family fiction film film review food German Germany history identity immigration integration Jewish language literature migrants migration mobility Multicultural Germany multilingualism nonfiction novel pop culture racism religion Turkey Turkish violence xenophobia youth culture