Two former research assistants in the Multicultural Germany Project were offered tenure-track positions in 2010: David Gramling (Berkeley, 2008) is Assistant Professor of German at the University of Arizona, Tucson. Priscilla Layne (Berkeley, 2011) will be Assistant Professor of German at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill.
- Overcoming Static Inertia: Ilija Trojanow’s “Nach der Flucht”
- CFP: Berkeley Interdisciplinary German Studies Conference on “Arrested Mobilities: Stillness, Power and Modernity” (Feb. 25-26, 2022, Online)
- CFP: Edited Volume on Asian German Film and Media (ed. Qinna Shen, Zach Ramon Fitzpatrick, Qingyang Freya Zhou)
- Reflections on a Postmigrant Turn
- Überlegungen zu einem Postmigrant Turn
Tagsannouncement anthology art article assimilation book review border citizenship comedy community culture discrimination education employment Europe event family fiction film film review food German Germany history identity immigration integration Jewish language literature migrants migration mobility Multicultural Germany multilingualism nonfiction novel pop culture racism religion Turkey Turkish violence xenophobia youth culture