Mohsen Taheri (Navid), an Iranian-German butcher’s son is on his way to Poland to acquire sheep in a bid to save his father’s business. Along the way, he stops in a small town in eastern Germany where he falls for a local German woman, Ana (Böger) and is taken for a Persian textile mogul until his father (Niavarani) arrives in the town and shatters the illusion.
- Polyphone Auseinandersetzungen mit kulturellen Bildern, Vorurteilen und Rassismus im Hörspiel “Bitmemiş – not finished yet” (2019) von Ralf Haarmann und Tuğsal Moğul
- Writing as an (Im)migrant: Calls to Action in Fatma Aydemir’s “Work”
- Multilingual Lives, Monolingual Institutions
- Minds of Their Own: Documenting Voices of Migrants to the GDR
- The Perception of Language in Countries of Migration
Tagsannouncement anthology art article assimilation book review border citizenship comedy community culture discrimination education employment Europe event family fiction film film review food German Germany history identity immigration integration Jewish language literature migrants migration mobility Multicultural Germany multilingualism nonfiction novel pop culture racism religion Turkey Turkish violence xenophobia youth culture